We are not your average bar association. With a membership that spans the globe, we are comprised of passionate volunteers, artists, athletes, scholars, and grandparents, parents, children, siblings, and friends. Many, but not all, of us also practice law. KWAA is motivated to pursue equality for women in Kansas and we advocate, encourage, rally, celebrate, listen, and learn to further that cause.
We believe that our members are our greatest strength, and we take pride in fostering personal and professional relationships for our community.
KWAA is organized for the following puposes:
- To promote the efficient administration of justice and the constant improvement of the law, especially as it relates to women;
- To encourage the advancement, education, and support of women in the legal profession;
- To encourage the participation of women in professional and bar organizations, particularly at the committee and officer level;
- To promote equality and social justice for all people;
- To improve relations between the legal profession and the public; and,
- To provide women attorneys with a supportive environment to network professionally.
On March 27, 2021, KWAA adopted the Pillars of Professionalism.